Monday 30 April 2012

Day 16, Saturday 28 April 2012

Danie Malan, Martha de Waal and Ujala Satgoor
Today I bade farewell to two of the best weeks of my academic career.  I never imagined that I could learn so much about librarianship in such a short while. The programme was intensive and I was pushed to limits I did not know even existed. I am particularly appreciative of the various group activities, independent mental probing and late nights with my blog and assignment as these enabled me to learn by interaction and to progress through perseverance.  The Project Director of the Leadership Academy, Ujala Satgoor, is indeed a role model for many librarians.  She taught us the  meaning of true librarianship and that contrary to what many individuals believe, that we are not "just librarians".  We are the heart of every institution. Many thanks goes to Martha de Waal who organised the logistics of this programme very well and maintained a calm and balanced presence throughout the programme despite her illness.
Myself and Micheal

The Villas staff does not only project hospitality but a warm friendliness and sincere concern for one's comfort and satisfaction.  I was attended on hand and foot and I am very grateful for the manner in which my special dietary requirements were arranged throughout the programme.  A special thanks goes to Micheal ( his last name escapes me) who provided my meals on time between classes and group meetings.
The Villas Luxury Suite Hotel

Martha de Waal, myself and Ujala Satgoor

No comments:

Post a Comment